I’ve been tagged by my friend Dustin, so here are five things you probably don’t know about me:
- I was my city’s spelling bee champ in fifth, sixth, and seventh grade. I went to the state championships and placed 17th in the state of Washington. I don’t remember what word I tripped on, just that I won a ginormous dictionary, thesaurus, and I was utterly broken-hearted that I couldn’t keep going.
- I’m a voracious reader and have about, oh, I think around 3000 books in my home library right now. I love reading the classics (seriously – what do you expect from a liberal arts major?), I’ve read everything Shakespeare’s ever written, but I do love some rubbishy stuff every once in a while…oh, heck. A lot.
- I got married in a small town in Denmark by a justice of the peace. We walked to our wedding – five miles – and walked back to the hotel. Not one person in the town of 150 people spoke English. We had $200 to our names; yet, we had a honeymoon all over Europe (mostly Germany and Austria). This year is our 15th anniversary. :>)
- I love to play the piano; I also like to compose music (think George Winston-y stuff here). I play on my grandmother’s piano that she gave to me – everytime I play, I am reminded of my Nana and Papa who practically raised me and who I’ve modeled my life after.
- I think dogs are highly overrated. I have three cats named George, LuLu, and Mrow. One day, I fully expect to turn into the Crazy Cat Lady from the Simpsons. It’s almost inevitable.